Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: Essence Nail Art Sealing Topcoat

Hi girls,

Sorry I neglected my blog a bit, but I was very busy at work and when I got home I was too tired to post anything and make pictures. And the last couple of days I got the flu with fever and the chills, so yeah... Blogging was the last thing I could think of... But I promise I'll make it up to you guys!

Today I would like to review the Nail Art Sealing Topcoat from Essence...
I wrote about it earlier but this is going to be an extensive review.

One of my recent bought polishes is OPI's Royal Rajah Ruby...
Warning: this is an 11 days old manicure!!

11 days old manicure...

Basecoat: CND Stickey Base Coat (my favourite)
Color: OPI Royal Rajah Ruby (2 coats)
Topcoat: Essence Nail Art Sealing Top Coat (2 coats)


And hell yes did the Essence Nail Art Sealing Top Coat passed my test!!

I have never ever wore a manicure this long on my natural nails! Normally my polish is chipping wayyy sooner on me! Okay, since I'm using CND Stickey Base Coat, the results are better then before, but still...



The application was smooth, it is a bit of a thicker topcoat, but I had no problems with it...
The drying time was ok either... Yes! This is definitely the best topcoat I've ever used!!

This is what the bottle looks like:


The Essence website says this about it:
"The absolute must-have for all nail artists: the top coat seals creative artwork on the nails and provides an extra shiny finish. for long-lasting and beautifully styled nails".

The price is also very, very nice... A bottle of 10 ml is €1,99. I've bought this bottle at Kruidvat.
And after my great experience with it, I immediately bought 2 more :)

I've tested it before on my English Rose Foil Manicure and that lasted 6 days on me! And everybody knows how quick foil manicures are showing tipwear or how quick they chip, no?

But... like always there is a 'but'...

Look at this picture and tell me what you see...


Indeed!! BUBBLES!!

Strange enough, the bubbles didn't show up when I applied the topcoat...?!

They must have appeared when the topcoat was drying...

And that ofcourse, is a big no-no :(

I've left it on for one day, and then started to get irritated by feeling the bubbles so I had to get rid of the them... I took a lint free pad with a bit remover and slowly swiped some of the topcoat off.
Right after that I applied one coat of SV and on top of that 2 coats of the Essence Nail Art Sealing Topcoat.

And that's how I managed to wear this manicure for 11 days :)

I must admit: if I wasn't so sick I probably had taken this off way sooner, but hey, this is a great way too see how long a manicure lasts, isn't it?

So after all I really like this topcoat, but next time I'll polish my nails, put one coat of SV over it and than top it off with this topcoat. That seems to work best.

Have you tried this one yet? If so, what are your experiences with this topcoat?


Have a nice weekend!

* Edited on Nov. 09: I've recently found out that the polish wasn't dry enough and that causes the bubbles. I've tried this topcoat a couple of more times and let my nails dry a little longer and haven't had this problem. So problem solved... Thanks moonchild, for telling me this! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have this top coat and I just recetly discovered how amazing it is. I don't have problems with bubbles and my manicure really does last longer with Sealing Top Coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nihrida: thanks for you comment! I've read your review a while ago and decided I had to try it out myself. And yesss... I'm glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic, but I have to point out that, if I don't get wrong, you applied a total of three layers of top coat (one of SV and two of the Esence one), so it's obvious it lasted 11 days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this topcoat too, it's rally awesome. But I've never gotten any bubbles, that's strange. I only get them when the polish underneath isn't dry enough..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Smaltoitaliano: It is definitely not because of the three layers it lasted that long. I often wear multiple layers of polish and topcoat, and the more layers you have, the sooner it will chip.

    So it not because of the amount of layers, it sure is because of the Essence Nail Art Sealing Topcoat.

    I've tested it twice, also on Nail Foil, and we all know that Nail Foils don't last long. Mine lasted at least 6 days, thanks to this topcoat.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @moonchild: Hmm... that might be the problem... Maybe I've put the topcoat on while the polish underneath wasn't dry. I always did that with my Seche Vite topcoat, so it was a habit.

    I'm going to try it again, thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of the comments and always try to respond. I really appreciate every single one! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...