Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Henna Caca Brun...

Hi everyone!

Today I want to show you something else than nailpolish and nails :)

I want to show you a safe, natural and healthy way to dye your hair... With Henna!

Caca Brun from Lush
Since last year, I stopped dying my hair with chemical hairdye. I read an article about Henna and became interested. I've used Henna before, but I only knew the Red Henna, and now I read there were more possibilities... The Caca Brun bar shown above is from Lush. Lush makes fresh and handmade cosmetics. So it's natural and I like that. My hair was a mess when I came back from our holiday in Spain last year. Because of sun, bleached water in the swimming pool and the salt seawater, it became dull, discolored and looked like straw. It really needed a healthy boost. And so I tried the Lush Caca Brun bar...



I grated 4 blocks of the bar in a bowl, poured some hot coffee (darkens the color) and some hot water over it and stirred it well. Then I warmed the mixture again in the bowl over a pan of hot water (au bain marie) until the mixture was well melted into a green swamp-like paste. I let it cool down a bit, and applied it all over my head. It was quite messy, so I covered my whole bathroom with newspaper, because Henna really stains on the floor and on furniture! I let it sit for a couple of hours (I think for 4 hours) and I didn't put clingfilm over it, because I wanted it to become brown, not reddish. After 4 hours it became very hard and crackling and it was hard to get the gritty green shit out, but after rinsing a while and a couple of times shampooing, the water became clear and that was it!

Here are some before and after pictures:


BEFORE:

Before: dried out, discolored hair


 


AFTER:

After: shiny, healthy & darker hair!


Please don't mind the quality of these pictures; they were taken in my
bathroom under bad lightning and with my phone...

I was so happy with the results, I will never go back to chemical hairdye! Henna is so much better for your hair. It makes it thicker, stronger and so much more healthier!

What do you think about Henna? Did you ever dyed your hair with it?


Enjoy your day,

2 comments:

  1. Oh I've read so many great things about henna and the results are amazing..even with the red one.
    I'm going to try it once I start getting grey hair, cause I like my hair colour at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia! Yes, that's true... I was amazed the first time I tried Henna.

    Henna can cover grey hair, but it covers less than chemical dye so maybe you'll have to dye your hair twice with it, to build up the color. But that's possible with Henna, because it's all natural.

    Thanks for your reply :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of the comments and always try to respond. I really appreciate every single one! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...