Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bye, bye acrylics... Hello natural nails!

Hi everyone!

Last weekend I lost a nail... I don't wear tips, but the whole acrylic layer on my nail popped off...
So I've had it a bit with acrylics. I didn't felt like it to fix it, and about an hour later I lost another nail.
That's when I decided to get them off, and leave it like that...

Ofcourse my natural nails are very thin and flexible at the moment. But hey, they haven't had oxygen for about 2,5 years! I decided to buy some of the Sally Hansen strengtheners and nurture my nails with my buffing file, Solar Oil and handcream. And a couple of days later they actually looked very good!

So bring on the nailpolish, bring on Konad and let's see how they look now!

Don't mind the little bubbles you see here, it's caused by the Sally Hansen Strengthener; you don't see them irl...


Here's what I did:
1 - Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener (Thin Nail Strengthener) : 2 coats
2 - OPI Bubblebath : 2 coats
3 - Stamping French Manicure with Beautiful Scratchers White + Konad M19
4 - Seche Vite Topcoat : 2 coats

And now they are much, much less bendable (is that even a word?) and stronger!






This picture is showing some tipwear, because I always do my nails late at night. Actually right before I go to sleep. And because of that, I don't have time to install my lightbox and camera etc. So I often take pictures a day (or 2) later. And that's why this picture is showing some tipwear.

But, I must admit (although I'm a real acrylic-lover) I kinda like my natural nails. It was weird to see my own nails after such a long time. But I like them, so I think I'm going to keep them this way for a while.

With flash
Daylight
Here they are, the little bastards... I popped them right off... :)

I wonder how long it takes for I got my first nail broken :)

Since I'm all into natural nails now, I can use some tips and advice: what's your favorite nail hardener or strenghtener? And what's your nailcare routine? Let me know...!

Have a nice evening!

5 comments:

  1. they look nice! good for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Paulina!

    I'm happy with them the way they are now... Hopefully they STAY this way, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GothamPolish: Thank you very much!! I like them too :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of the comments and always try to respond. I really appreciate every single one! ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...