Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New imageplates + review CND Stickey Basecoat and SolarOil

Hi!

A couple of days ago, I bought 2 new imageplates from Shirley (DashicaBeautyshop) to see if they work just as fine as the other plates I have, from MagnoNails, Konad, BundleMonster etc.

I bought these 2 plates:


SdP-A15, because of the 3 full images

SdP-D03, because of the full LOVE-image (okay, I like the Armani-logo too :) )

I haven't got time to try them, but I will soon...

I also bought a new basecoat from CND (Creative Nail Design) called: Stickey Base Coat.



WHAT IT IS:
A soft, sticky 3-free base coat for healthy nails.

WHAT IT DOES:
Anchors Colour to the nail to prevent peeling and chipping.

WHY YOU NEED IT:
• Improves nail Colour wearability.
• Helps prevent surface staining of natural nails and enhancements.
• 3-free formula does not contain Formaldehyde,Toluene or Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP).

And now a little review:

Because I'm a bit of a cheater (I always wear acrylics on my own nails), my colleague tested this basecoat on her real nails, to see if all the above is true... With OPI polishes, she's always experiencing chipping after just a couple of days (2 or 3). So this time she put on 1 coat of CND Stickey Base Coat, 2 coats of her regular OPI polish, and 1 coat of Seche Vite fast drying top coat.

And guess what...?

Her manicures lasted for (at least) 5 days, without any chipping or tipwear!
She eventually removed her polish because she wanted a different color. But the manicure was still looking fine! That's good news, isn't it? I bought CND Stickey Base Coat 68 ml/2.3 fl. oz for $12,99 + $5,99 shipping to The Netherlands (total €13,50 incl. shipping).

I also bought a new bottle of CND Solar Oil, because of my acrylic nails...



WHAT IT IS:
A synergistic blend of naturally light oils and Vitamin E, designed to deeply penetrate and protect skin and nails.

WHAT IT DOES:
Jojoba Oil carries Vitamin E deeply into skin to help reduce visible signs of aging. Naturally light oils keep skin soft and supple. Keeps natural nails, nail color and nail enhancements tough and flexible. Repeated use drives oils deeper into natural nail.

WHY YOU NEED IT:
Super-penetrating formula conditions skin and nails.

If you have acrylic nails like I do, it's a must to keep your natural nails and cuticles in a good condition.
And this oil works wonders!

I got this bottle of 15 ml/0.5 fl. oz. of Ebay and paid $5,95 + $3,50 shipping to The Netherlands (total €6,40 incl. shipping).

Okay, that's about it... I just wanted to share these products with you guys!

Are you familiar with Shirley's plates??

Love,
Kim
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...